Posted on 10 February 2020
What charges are deductible on the Luxembourg tax return?
- Contributions to chambers of labour and trade unions.
- Technical literature which serves almost exclusively to carry out the professional activity.
- Workwear, as well as their cleaning costs.
- Work equipment which is almost exclusively for professional purposes.
- Training costs for continuous learning needed for your work.
- Interest expense in relation to consumer loans
- Insurance premiums
- Home savings contract
- Old-age pension (max. 3200€ per taxpayer)
- Donations and liberalities (at least a total of 120€)
- Domestic, help and care and/or childcare fees (max. 5400€)
- Extraordinary fees
(These expenses are deductible provided they reach a certain minimum threshold.
- Arrears of annuities & permanent charges (in case of divorce)
- Contributions paid on a voluntary basis