Last updated on 22 April 2022

When are you considered a single parent?

Unmarried taxpayers who have one (or more) child(ren) in their household for whom they receive child tax relief, and who are therefore classified in tax class 1a, may be granted a single-parent tax credit (CIM). 
Beware ! The CIM is not granted when both parents of the child share a common home with their child.

The amount of the CIM varies according to the amount of adjusted taxable income and can reach a maximum of €2,505. 



Other questions & answers in this category

Try out now!

Sign-up for free

Create an account, complete your return and simulate your tax refund!